Cooler weather is on the way this weekend, and so are Santa Ana winds, high temperatures approaching 90 degrees and a possible storm that could knock out power for a significant stretch of Southern California.
Friday through Sunday
70 to 75 degrees with a 40 percent chance of rain with a 60 percent chance of wind.
75 to 80 degrees with a 40 percent chance of rain with a 60 percent chance of wind.
Rain chances will range from 30 to 40 percent with a 60 percent chance of wind.
Saturday night’s storm has a 30 percent chance of precipitation, with an 80 percent chance of the storms producing wind.
If you live in a region that may be at risk for the storms, you should be prepared with extra food, water, batteries, flashlights, candles and extra batteries for your smoke alarms. If you have a generator for your water heater, you have an extra source of electricity during such a storm. Make sure you have a battery-operated radio, or a NOAA Weather Radio that will alert you to the dangers of a storm.
Winds in Santa Ana are expected to peak Saturday night, with winds gusting as high as 45 mph. The National Weather Service forecast is for winds from 4 to 13 mph.
On Saturday morning, wind gusts are expected to be more moderate, between 25 and 40 mph.
Friday with a chance of rain and 60 percent chance of a wind advisory.
Friday with a rain and wind advisory, with a 60 percent chance of a wind advisory.
Rain and wind advisories will be in effect until 7 p.m.
For the latest on this developing weather pattern, check out the Weather Channel forecast page.
It’s just about three days until the official start of football season, so start setting your alarm early on Friday to make sure you get a good night’s sleep before the action resumes.
The Pacific at a Glance